How to write a Reflective essay?
This type of essay is aimed to reflect a personal event or experience of the essay author. The main condition is that it has to be a certain personal experience on which the author has his very own perception. This experience or even is revealed in the essay in order to demonstrate its importance for understanding social relations and the essence of people. It may be said that a reflective essay possess the traits of a philosophical analysis of different experiences we face in our everyday life. This type of essay reveals the creativity of the students and their ability to change standard perception to a unique one, to their own unique perception of social issues.
Writing a Reflective essay
In order to produce an excellent reflective essay it is vital to remember that the reflective is to have a personal character and to relate to certain philosophic categories. This implies a wide range of possible understanding of the topic of the essay. One of the widespread topics for a reflective essay is “What is love?” in which the author shares his own reflective of this term through the prism of his experience and the common attitude to this social phenomenon. The majority of the questions in such essays are rhetoric
Reflective essay Outline
This rubric is a condensed treatment of the Reflective essay writing, this Outline is just a description of the main facts and rules about how to write this type of essay. One should practice as much as possible to become good in writing a Reflective essay.
Reflective essay structure
Reflective essay do not have a certain structure because cannot be written according to a standard essay scheme. This is due to the fact that the thesis statements and the conclusions of reflective essays are often blurry.
Here is a probable scheme of a reflective essay:
- The aim of the opening paragraph is to get the reader involved in the author’s story including interesting details, personal experiences. The style must be very vivid and therefore to appeal to the reader as if it was a tete-a-tete conversation on the meaning of life or love.
- The middle part reveals a good variety of the author’s ideas on the topic.
- The concluding sentences summarize the main ideas and experiences of the essay. The author makes a reflective of his general perception of the given topic.
Reflective essays topics and ideas.
Reflective essays can be written on many different topics which base on the reflection of a personal event or experience of the essay author. Delicate approach to the choice of a topic or keen understanding of the one topic is the key element of good essay writing.
If you hesitate either on choosing the essay topic or the idea for Reflective essay please feel free to contact us and we gladly help you any time you need assistance.
Reflective essay format
This type of essay like all others could be formated in MLA, Chicago/Turabian, APA, AMA. That depends on your essay topic, subject area and the assignment requeirements. Please be consistent following the one style of format of all the essay elements: Title, headings, paragraphs Text pages, Fonts, Indents, Justifications, Spacing, Page numbers, Emphasis, Footnotes, reference list etc.
Reflective Essay Examples
A vast collection of Reflective essay samples is presented in our database. Each Reflective essay example provided by our custom essay writing service is absolutely free.
View all Reflective Essay Examples
Writing creative reflective essay can contribute to the development of your critical thinking skills. It will sharpen your mind and improve the ability to analyze.
Before you start writing your masterpiece, it is advisable to have a look at creative reflective essay examples. You have to think thoroughly what you are going to reflect in the essay. It will help you to avoid losing your track of idea and increase your chances to write a worthwhile essay. If we could compare the style of reflective essay with something from our everyday life, it would definitely be a journal or even a diary, where all your thoughts and feelings about certain topic are outlined in a reader-friendly way. That’s why while choosing a topic pay attention that it should be something that trigger your emotions and grab your attention. For example, you decide to write about your favorite film, book, or a theater play. As a result, the topic is completely up to you.
If you have already decided on the topic you are going to write about, stop for a moment and try to answer these questions.
List of Reflective Essay Writing Questions
- What are your feelings towards the topic?
- In what way does this topic affect you?
- Why does it affect you in this way or why not?
All these questions have a kind of personal nature, due to the main reason of reflection essay. Reflective essay writing allows you to express your feelings and insights. As soon as you give the answers to these questions, you are ready to begin writing your reflective essay. If you decide to create APA style reflective essay, remember that there are strict rules you should follow.
List of Important Rules
- First of all, APA reflective essay should consist of 4 major parts: The Title Page, Abstract, Main Body and the References. The information on the Title Page will introduce the details about essay’s author and his or her institutional affiliation.
- Abstract is a concise summary that reflects the key points of your research. Usually, it is not very big- between 150-250 words. Abstract presents the topic of your research, research participants and questions, methods you used to conduct an investigation and the results you got.
- The main body of the essay should show the progress of your investigation and the way your thoughts and feelings have changed under the influence of your research. It would be great if you could mention factors due to which your understanding of the topic has been changed. State the difference between your mindset before the research and after it. Try to capture every single thought during your work on the research. It will help you to represent the broad picture and catch the reader’s interest.
- The main goal of the reflective essay conclusion is to describe the way your outlook has changed. Don’t be confused by the fact that you have already mentioned this in the main part of your work. Remember, that conclusion is exactly that part of the essay that stick’s to people’s memory most of all. Conclusion is your chance to drag people’s attention to the results you’ve got after conducting of your research.
If you get a glance at APA style reflective essay example you will see that its structure is exactly the same with the one described above. There exist the common rules following of which will definitely assure 100% success of your essay.
We can write Your Essay for You!
How Can We Help?
And the last but not the least, issue of reflective essay writing is citing. You should include to the reference list all the works that were used during the conducting of the research. As APA style has some significant differences you should know the rules how to cite APA reflective essay.
It is essential to cite all the used resources in two ways: text citation in the main body of the paper and reference section at the end of the paper, where the total amount of sources would be presented. APA citing can also vary according to the type of the used source: books, articles from journals and magazines or electronic sources. Remember that you should include not only author’s name and book title, but the year and the place of its publishing. If you will follow these simple rules your reflective essay will definitely impress everybody and get the highest mark.