Business management research is important for business success and longevity.
There are several types of information available to management students through the WCC libraries, both online and in print. The tabs along the top of the page provide details on the different types of resources listed below.
Reference Works - This covers encyclopedias, dictionaries, handbooks, and other resources that are referred to for specific information. Go to these for definitions, shorter explanations, historical information, and biographical sketches.
Books/Media - You can find a good selection of business management books and media that provide information on current business practice and techniques, as well as historical information, prominent figures in management and their work, and management theory.
Articles - Articles from journals, magazines, and major newspapers are a good source of recent developments in the field of business management, You can find current trends as well as the work of practicing business professionals in major newspapers, magazines and journals. WCC databases can help connect you to these articles.
Web Sites - The internet can provide a wealth of information from government sources, professional organizations andon-line business management periodicals. Be sure to evaluate your resources.
ASSIGNMENT 1: Collaborative Group Assignment on Leadership
The result of the collaborative group work will be a paper and presentation to the class.
1. Get together in small study groups of five.
2. Please find an example in the media of one person you feel is a great leader. Then write a paper on why you feel that person is a great leader and what principles he/she applies to lead others.
3. Each group meets regularly using preferred social software to discuss the points covered in their group work.
4. Each group prepares a paper of 2500-3000 characters in the Group portfolio created by the tutor and a summary for presentation to the class (virtually or face-to-face): 20-25 minutes presentation followed by15 minutes Question & Answer session.
ASSIGNMENT 2: Individual Assignment on Management
The result of the individual work will be an essay.
1. Please find an example of one person in the real life you feel is a great manager. Then write a short essay (1000 words) on why you feel that person is a great manager and what principles he/she applies to manage others. Please give your evaluation of this person as a manager. Give a summary of this manager's contribution to the success of the organization.
2. Publish your essay in your personal Portfolio.