The Foundation Skills Assessment is an annual province-wide assessment of all B.C. students’ academic skills in grades 4 and 7, and provides parents, teachers, schools, school districts and the Ministry of Education with important information on how well students are progressing in the foundation skills of Reading, Writing, and Numeracy.
- FSA Samples: Sample collaboration activity and sample questions, for teacher and student review
- FSA Specifications: Information on how the FSA will be assessed
Updates for 2017/18 FSA
- FSA 2017/18 Live online administration will be available from October 2, 2017 to November 10, 2017
- The Scoring and Score Entry deadline is November 24, 2017
- Students will respond to online questions and questions in paper student booklet
- The 2017/18 FSA has been developed to reflect an October administration timeframe. As the assessment is taking place early in the year, the content of the assessment is based on the end of year profiles for Grade 3 and Grade 6.
- In order for students to demonstrate problem solving skills in numeracy, the numeracy written response questions may require students to solve problems in multiple parts and steps.
- The 2017/18 FSA preliminary reports for individual students will be ready for use by teachers and students and to share with parents, along with the students’ writing response booklets, once score entry is complete.
- Summary reports are currently undergoing a re-design. The reports will include student performance on proficiency levels with descriptive, strength-based language. The new summary report will be available after spring 2018.
- All written response questions for the FSA will be scored at the school or district level. Funding will be provided to support scoring activities.
- The Ministry provides support for scoring/training that includes:
Панк брезгливо ее пожал. - Проваливал бы ты, пидор. Беккер убрал руку. Парень хмыкнул.