Office Administrator Cover Letter
Office Administrators are found in a variety of organizations completing administrative and secretarial work. Common duties of an Office Administrator include implementing office procedures, supervising junior staff, handling correspondence, maintaining filing systems, typing, taking phone calls, taking minutes, making travel arrangements, organizing meetings and events, doing paperwork, photocopying documents, and collaborating with other departments. Office Administrators may be responsible for specific projects, making sure they are completed on time and within budget.
Office Administrator skills seen throughout our collection of cover letter samples include:
- Organizational skills and planning
- Presentation and communication skills
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Telephone etiquette
- Stamina and resilience
- Teamworking abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Multitasking and workload prioritization
- Project management expertise
- Computer competences
Beneath is provided a sample cover letter showcasing similar Office Administrator skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Office Administrator Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Billings:
Upon learning of your posting for an Office Administrator, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As a highly organized and self-motivated professional with expertise in coordinating and overseeing office operations to maximize efficiency and productivity, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your company’s goals and objectives.
My background includes managing administrative operations and driving office efficiency within fast-paced office environments while ensuring adherence to budgets and deadlines. From preparing business correspondence and developing custom Excel- and Word-based documents to handling bookkeeping activities and maintaining equipment and supplies, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with management, and developing effective communication and organizational procedures.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Skillfully managing day-to-day office operations, communications, scheduling, database management, and special projects throughout 13-year career in office administration and support.
- Achieving reputation as a QuickBooks specialist and streamlining bookkeeping functions by implementing software systems to drive increased accounting productivity and efficiency.
- Organizing, scheduling, and facilitating regular company-wide meetings—including meetings with C-level executive staff.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks within independent, self-starting environments while providing top-level organization and communication skills and improving operational systems.
My skills in office organization, bookkeeping, and general administration have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Stacie N. Winters
Administrative assistant cover letter sample
This cover letter example for an administrative assistant will help you to sell your skills and professional demeanor.
Use these tips to write an administrative assistant cover letter.
To be the successful candidate for an administrative assistant job, it helps to have a cover letter that can sell your administrative skills, such as organization, communication, and time management, to employers. View our sample cover letter for an administrative assistant below.
And if you need additional writing tips, join Monster for free today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter for administrative assistant jobs.
1543 Elm St.
Sometown, NY 11111
Home: (555) 555-5555
1428 Main St.
Anytown, NY 12222
Dear Mr. Short:
Are you spending too much time handling administrative tasks? Would you like to free yourself from tedious detail work so you can focus on building your business? If the answer is yes, then we should speak.
I offer a five-year track record in office management and administrative support. You will benefit from my following key strengths:
- Computer expertise, with proficiency in all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access).
- Broad-based experience covering a full spectrum of administrative duties, including executive support, office management, billing/invoicing, payroll administration, customer care, account management, database administration, document preparation, travel/meeting coordination and project/program support.
- Superior multitasking talents, with the ability to manage multiple high-priority assignments and develop solutions to challenging business problems.
- A proven reputation, with a consistent history of exemplary performance reviews and recognition for driving efficiency improvements to office systems, workflows and processes.
I am confident that if you hire me as your administrative assistant, you will have more time and energy to concentrate on growing your business. My resume is enclosed for your review, and I will follow up with you in a few days to discuss your administrative support needs. You may also call me at (555) 555-5555 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time, and have a great day.