English language classes usually require a lot of writing. When you're a middle school student, you don't feel the pressure. But high school and college students are assigned complex topics. They are rarely free to choose their own idea, so it makes the situation even more complicated. An argumentative essay should be based on three major set of skills of any good student:
- Research skills
- Writing skills
- Analytical skills
If one of these is your weak point, you would probably need online academic writing assistance. Anyway, you should try writing a persuasive paper on one of the chosen topics on your own. This is a good practice for your communication and research skills. Argumentative essays are assigned to train your debating abilities. This assignment has a great influence on how a student will perform or give a public speech later.
HOW TO SELECT DEBATABLE ARGUMENTATIVE TOPICS TO DISCUSS
You might think that it's better when your teacher assigns a particular argumentative topic to you. Having a right to develop your own idea is always better. When working on the persuasive essay, a student has to collect all valuable and time-tested sources to prove his knowledge of the certain issue. You may be encouraged to use such primary sources as:
- Academic journals
- Scientific magazines
- Official reports
Even if you are an expert in a certain field, don't hesitate to use and cite external sources. It will point to your ability to collect and select only the most relevant sources. Besides, direct and indirect quotes are needed to support your knowledge of academic writing style. If you are not sure in your writing skills, turn to professional writing agency to buy a winning argumentative essay on a variety of topics for cheap.
GET YOUR PERFECT ESSAY NOW
BEST ARGUMENTATIVE PAPER TOPICS
Easy argumentative essay topics
- Education should be free for everyone
- Why are the US citizens rapidly becoming more obese?
- Internet access must be limited to students
- Young people must have a right to choose when it comes to military
- Each student must have a right to pick only those disciplines he is interested in
- What are the advantages US educational system offers to international students?
- Which secondary languages are worth studying today?
- Is education too commercialised nowadays?
- Is current academic grading helpful in performance?
- Are tests like SAT and ACT effective?
- Advantages and disadvantages of MBA program.
Sports argumentative essay topics
- What can be done to assist teenagers in maintaining a healthy weight?
- Physical education in the school system.
- Does participation in NCAA negatively influence the academic performance?
- What is the top unbreakable record in sport?
- Is Michael Jordan still a basketball star?
Argumentative essay topics for middle school
- What is the real relationship between food, fitness, and weight?
- What are the negative effects of diets?
- Society should fight with anorexia
- To regulate health issues, people should think about their sleep more
- Is golf still demanded?
- Steroid takers must be banned from team sports activities.
- Is swimming really the best type of sport?
- Hockey and other dangerous sports.
Argumentative essay topics for college
- Production and sales of tobacco must be made illegal
- Death sentence should be activated in every country of the world
- Smoking in public places has to be banned
- Alcohol usage should be controlled
- They should not sell alcohol beverages after 11 P.M.
- Energetic drinks should be banned and made illegal
- Should court proceedings be documented for television?
- The most suitable age to have a right to vote.
- When can citizens start drinking and smoking (specific age)?
- On the whole, is there justice for all?
- Was the Industrial Revolution a Europe-wide phenomenon in the nineteenth century?
Classical argument topics
- It should be forbidden to use species of animals for research purposes and cruel experiments
- Should rainforests destructions be punished?
- To what extent are electric vehicles a solution to global pollution?
- Pros and cons of globalisation.
- Was Roosevelt right about building a Panama Canal?
- Are you on the side of King-Kong or militaries who interrupted his world to study it using violent measures?
- The risks the United States may face in terms of rapidly changing climate conditions.
- Earthquakes and their consequences.
- Tsunami: the death wave.
- Beautiful forests of Amazonia.
- Which species should be included in the Red Book (Liber Novus)?
- How can students add up to the social movement for nature's safety?
Controversial argumentative essay topics
- Third World War should be Prevented by Russian and US Governments
- Existing public school policies must be changed
- Is gun control an effective way to control the crime?
- Government should forbid same-sex marriages
- Society is turning over-regulated
- The countries with the highest levels of corruption.
- Are some political authorities engaged in illegal activities in the US?
- Should people with physical disabilities be accepted by the government?
- To be a politician: art or a born talent.
- Can anyone be above the law?
- Pros and cons of Monarchy.
- Is CIS a better alternative for the USSR?
Argumentative essay on technology
- Violent video games should be prohibited
- Does technology make people feel alone?
- YouTube Owners Should Check and Fix Comments That Involve Filthy Language
- Are people becoming technological zombies?
- Will humanity reach the time when there will be no more technological advancement?
- Influences of mobile phones: pros and cons
- Technology and education
Argumentative essay on social media
- Is technology limiting creativity?
- The role of communications in social networks for modern education.
- Are contemporary people too much reliant on technology?
- Are online friends more effective than imaginary?
- Is censorship of Internet necessary?
6th-grade argumentative essay topics
- First aid and medical help, in general, should become free
- People are good at heart (download and use an example now)
- People must spend less time on official work without any effect on their salaries
- Social movements must be financed by governments
- Parents have no right to control the lives of their children above 16
- Cloning must be banned
- Global warming (Just download the sample you need for free!)
- Are abortions legal?
- Cross-cultural marriages add up to racial tolerance
- Is it OK to date a younger male?
- What us incest?
- What should be the role of partners in relationship and family?
- Is online dating safe and productive?
- Will people start marrying their computers soon?
Funny argument topics
- Would Batman be in law in a real world?
- 2D vs. 3D vs. 4D: What's Next?
- Can the chip control the human mind like they do in superhero movies?
- Does Griffins Family correspond to the typical American family?
- Graffiti is an illegal art. How should it be punished?
- Marijuana should be legal.
- Should parents be soft on their children?
Art, Music & Movie Ideas for Papers
- Does art pay?
- Can music and cinematography be called an art too?
- Is gothic art the most preferred and magnificent in history of mankind?
- Can you succeed in life working in the field of art?
- Are today's music tracks educational or meaningful at all?
- Is modern lyrics too explicit for a young audience?
- There is no plot in the majority of up-to-date movies.
- How long should a motion picture last?
DOWNLOAD MORE ARGUMENTATIVE ESSAY SAMPLES
VALUABLE TIPS & SIGNS OF THE GREAT TOPIC IDEAS
If you wish everyone to read your piece with the bated breath, try to:
- Pick a topic that everyone is currently discussing. Pay attention to the rumours.
- Select a question an answer to which is still unknown to many people.
- Choose an audience that does not agree with your point.
- Decide on the problem on which everyone has a specific point of view.
- Choose an issue based on your own interests, but don't go too far!
Here we have shared some of the most effective tips:
- No obvious argumentative paper topics!
- Do not stop on those topics that do not arise any arguments. Topics that state scientific facts proved by centuries do not work.
- A debatable essay must focus on the critical issue which leads to the global conflicts.
- Almost every second problem related to politics is a good choice. You may also write something about your school, college or university policies that annoy you or make students argue with their teachers and principals.
- Skip topics that people tend to agree on.
- At the same time, it is better to pass by argumentative essay topics connected with religion, gender, race, and other sensitive episodes of human life. Otherwise, your subjective opinion may be graded subjectively.
- It is better to write your essay following APA style. You may read how to format academic papers in APA here.
Remember: the world is not black-and-white. There are always two sides of the coin. So, even if you're pretty sure in your claim, and the majority of people tend to support it, consider the arguments of the opposing side. Only then your argumentative paper will be graded respectively high.
As you can see, the procedure is everywhere the same. But the idea is to choose the most exciting argumentative paper topics in order to impress both your audience and your teacher. It's like a competition, where the highest grade is your prize. Whenever you need immediate help with your assignment, turn to the professional writing service which can compose an argumentative essay on any topics in several hours.
A FEW WORDS ABOUT STRUCTURE
Just like any other academic paper, argumentative essay requires such steps as:
- In-depth research
- Gathering of information
- Picking the most credible and up-to-date sources
- Writing a draft
- Writing compare and contrast essay itself
- Revising (at least twice)
Speaking about the organisation and structure of the argumentative essay, we offer a five-paragraph paper outline. Let your original ideas flow in this manner:
A conclusion is, no doubt, the most important part of the argumentative essay as you can either support the good impression or destroy it entirely. If you want to avoid typical mistakes, find valuable recommendations in this article.
It all seems easy: just select, draft, write and revise. You may keep your argumentative essays for your future job portfolio in case they are highly graded. We recommend fixing them a bit once your teacher returns the checked version to you. The next time, the process would seem much easier to you.
If you have no desire to waste time on selecting the best topic and writing the whole argumentative essay from scratch, don't forget that you have a loyal team of professionals by your side. We are always ready to help for affordable prices - just contact us in the case of any questions or need for additional information. Expand your horizons by ordering an outstanding argumentative paper from expert US writers!
GRAB YOUR "A" ESSAY HERE!
Require academic assistance? – Get it right here and right now!
Get a price quote & proceed with the order!
Analytical Essay Topics
Choose category below:
- What causes substance abuse?
- What causes gambling addiction?
- Is there a link between upbringing and personality?
- Does birth order affect the way people make decisions?
- Why are some teenagers susceptible to peer pressure more than others?
- What distinguishes good wring from bad writing?
- What strategies are effective in ending global poverty?
- What is the most cost effective energy source in the Third World?
- What is the place of cultural values in explaining economic development?
- Does urbanization result in the misuse of resources does education influence economic development?
- Does protectionism affect a country’s competitiveness?
- Does public debt affect private investments?
- Doping: Why do athletes and sportsmen use performance enhancing drugs?
- Multiculturalism: is it possible to maintain each and every cultural identity in a multicultural society?
- Family system: Does single parenthood affect the psychological wellbeing of children.
- Do violent video games affect children positively or negatively?
- Is addiction a choice?
- Is inequality inevitable?
Organization and work
- Why is teamwork important in the workplace?
- What makes leaders effective?
- What is a successful organization?
- Does the gender pay gap affect women`s productivity?
- What is the best way to address workers’ motivation?
- What causes job burnout?
- How do effective leaders deal with conflict?
- What are the strategies to negotiate higher salaries?
- How should organizations enhance job satisfaction?
- Is democracy a tyranny of the majority?
- Does nationalism make the world more or less safe?
- Why is nationalism on the rise?
- Way recent revolutions have not led to the affected countries embracing democracy
- What is the best way of implementing the rights targeting the disenfranchised groups?
- Does population increase affect sustainable development efforts?
- Should foreign non political actors support the democratization of other countries?
- Is Karl Marx still relevant in the contemporary world?
- Should elementary school children be made to wear uniforms?
- How should schools address bullying?
- Should sex education be taught in schools?
- How does school choice affect accountability in schools?
- How to improve education standards in the U.S?
- Does superior education affect the standard of living?
- Should college tuition be abolished?
- Should tenure be abolished in higher education?
- Would a national high school curriculum improve learning standards?
- Is universal health coverage efficient?
- How should health practitioners build relationships with stakeholders?
- Should there be a price control on medicines?
- Should pharmaceutical firms be forced to disclose their cost of production and pricing surgeries?
- Should Americans be allowed to buy cheaper generic drugs outside the US?
- Should all traffic police wear body cameras?
- Should there be limits to when the police can search a vehicle?
- Are cases of police brutality systemic or individual cases?
- Should people with minor criminal officers be allowed to become police officers?
- Is community policing a viable alternative in the U.S?
- Does militarizing the police improve or affect police work?
- Does the culture of silence affect accountability among cops?
- Why does the police react differently to the similar crimes in different locations?
- Why do some teenagers engage in risky behavior?
- How should society address addictions affecting young people?
- What causes some young people to run away from home?
- How does family stability affect the way young people cope outside their comfort homes?
- How should the parents deal with young people who are rude?
- How does the mass media affect the behavior of young people?
- Do TV ratings influence the choice of programs among young people?
- What factors increase the risk of cyber bullying for young people?
- How do parenting styles affect the ability of young people to be independent and form their identities?
Class and inequality
- Does district zoning affect the financial security of the poor?
- Why are schools in poor neighborhoods underfunded?
- Why does the poverty cycle affect some places more than others?
- Should poor people be exempt from taxation?
- Does poverty affect future earnings?
- Why do gangs recruit from poor neighborhoods?
- How does family structure affect youth hang sub-culture?
- How do female gang members affect membership?
- What are the best strategies to curb gang behavior?
- Does the mass media influence perceptions and stereotypes about gang members?
- Why do people engage in criminal behavior?
- Are harsher penalties effective in curbing white collar crime?
- Why are gangs effective in recruiting new members?
Purpose of an analytical essay
There are various reasons for analytical essays, and the main purpose is assessing once understanding of a subject matter, where well-informed judgments are then made to support the evaluation. In writing the analytical essays, one has to use the formal writing style, and such essays could be utilized in policy making and research policies as they are informative. As such, it is necessary to define the concepts and terms that are analyzed in the essay, as this supports learning and gaining knowledge. The analysis further represents the reasoning where the writers and readers can assess the concept.
Another purpose of the analytical essay is to evaluate thinking and what you would do in different circumstances. To make proper decisions it is necessary to analyze the phenomenon while using critical thinking skills to support the decisions. Besides critical thinking the writer has to make conclusions while linking the main points with the theme. Readers analyze the analytical essay depending on the stated purpose and how best the writer addresses the identified phenomenon. As the audience interprets the analytical essay they ought to identify the most important themes and aspects covered
In analytical essay writing, there is emphasis on developing analytical thinking as there is a need to explain and analyze using evidence to back up the claims made. For instance, for the problem-solution analytical essay, the writer informs the readers about a problem, and uses facts to provide recommendations and actions that remedy the identified problem (s). The writer cannot make up facts when the analytical essay since he/she has to provide reasons and evidence that support the answer. At other times, the concept being analyzed is complex and the author/writer should not merely give their opinion, but rather critique some viewpoints and evaluate the phenomenon.
How to choose a great analytical essay topic
Choosing effective analytical essay topics can be daunting tasks, and efforts should be made to identify an angle hat best represents the topic.
The following tips are useful when choosing a good analytical essay topics:
- Before deciding on the analytical essay topic one has to consider various themes and brainstorm the ideas and then focus on the main ideas;
- It is necessary to choose an interesting topic as the writer has more motivation to criticize and evaluate different aspects;
- Another tip in choosing an effective topic for an analytical essay is narrowing the topic, which is manageable;
- List down the key words and define the topic;
- Research about different topics and be flexible.